Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This post just goes, WEEEEE

I have quite a bit to show and tell, and time is short.



Crank this little ditty up, and take a quick read of Spiagga's update.
I wish I had time to tell you about my new Dell Laptop, last weeks get together (GTG), a BBQ run, updates about work, and who knows what else...oh yes, a yellow and black interior, but that is so for another day.

Wednesday found Spiagga with a 35/75 Faza cam. Yes it is origional. The Daytona stamp is in the butt. I also got an adjustable cam sprocket second hand from Tommy. Install requires removing the cam housing. I ordered all the cam gaskets in advance. Getting off the stock pulley was a bit of a problem. I went across the street and in my broken Spanglish asked the mechanic to give it a hit with the air rachet. I tried to give him $5, but he refused. There was a little drama when the shop forman showed up. I'll just say that I said, yes, no, and please to appease him.

Photobucket

The burble at idle is honestly Ferreri'esque. Tip in on throttle has a sweet sound, and the car pulls a bit better. Especially after 3,500 RPM. I have been used to driving with a stock cam, but getting into this cam has caused me to have to look at the dash to know the RPMs that I'm pushing. The higher end breathing is better, and so the car spools up quicker. I think this is where my big valve head helps out. I have done some minor tuning with the adjustable sprocket. Just seat of the pants. There is a such thing as too much advance. But, what I have now is choice.

I need to get it on a dyno to figure out where to time the cam, but here is the beauty.

Photobucket


Ed

No comments: